Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Second Trip to NYC


Well, Mel and I were fortunate enough to get a free trip to NYC this last week. My company did a seminar there in Manhattan and we went out a few days early and spent them all with Rake, Jeagan, and Piper.

We had fun hanging out in Times Square. We went to a Knicks game as well. I wasn't too impressed with Madison Square Garden. It's kind of a dump. We had a 6:15 am flight Sunday morning so Reagan and Mel stayed up all night talking. Jake and I both got an hour or two in. Reagan and Mel were having a wild time. I kept on waking up to their giggles. Reminded me of Reagan/Deanna days growing up.

Piper is amazing. I can't believe how much progress she has made. When we first walked into her room she puked all over the place (which was especially funny to me, 'cause I am reading a book by Hamburger where he talks about puking every time he gets super excited). She is pretty strong and her personality is so cute. She has this little DVD player that showcases a low-budget Sleeping Beauty animated movie. Piper is obsessed with it. Her nurse turned it on and she freaked out, rolled over and grabbed the DVD player and pulled it in close. She has a chair that she sits in at school and just bangs stuff together. She can't get enough of that noise.

We ate like crazy. My stomach felt so heavy. Pizza, burgers, fries, falaffle (sp?), Dunkin' Donuts, etc. Mel and I rode the subway ourselves. Not too bad. Reagan had stories of other friends that have visited them and couldn't follow directions or find their way around. I rode the subway in DC by myself when I was 10 so I guess this wasn't too big of a deal. You really get harassed by bums in the train cars though, and people don't talk. I tried to talk to my neighbor and he completely ignored me. I guess it's because most people that talk to strangers on the trains are nuts. I am crazy, but not the scary kind.

We had lots of fun and once again wish we could have stayed longer.

1 comment:

Turbo said...

We had a blast. I hope that you guys can come back soon.