Friday, February 29, 2008

My Favorite Movies

I guess since I am totally obsessed with film, my first blog should be about my favorite movies. These are all by category. I believe that Godfather is the best crime, and drama, but there is only 1 category per flick.

Overall – Godfather
Documentary – New York Doll, honorable mention King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters
Romance – Gone With the Wind
Romantic Comedy – Annie Hall
Comedy – Raising Arizona, honorable mention Forrest Gump
Dark Comedy – The Big Lebowski, honorable mention Rushmore
"Stupid" Comedy - Superbad
Sports – Raging Bull, honorable mention Rocky
Sports Comedy – Major League
Drama – Shawshank Redemption
Thriller – Taxi Driver
Adventure – The Great Escape
Action – Gladiator
“Pure” Action – Die Hard
Biography – Walk the Line, honorable mention Cinderella Man
Foreign – Cidade de Deus, honorable mention Life is beautiful
Crime – The Departed, honorable mention Goodfellas
Fantasy – The Wizard of Oz
Horror – Alien (pretty dumb by today's standards)
Indy – Apocalypse Now
Musical – The Blues Brothers, honorable mention The Pick of Destiny
Mystery – The Sixth Sense
SciFi – The Empire Strikes Back, honorable mention Donnie Darko
Western – Lonesome Dove, honorable mention Tombstone
War – The Deer Hunter

I imagine people might say, "What!? Is he crazy? Casablanca is the greatest romance of all time." Just keep in mind, this is my opinion and I haven't seen every movie...yet.

2 comments:

Reagan said...

I'll have to do one also. With the same categories. Yay! I'm so glad you are on here. Tell melanie to make one too, or add her to yours as one of the contributors.

Turbo said...

You totally read my mind, about Casa Blanca. Hahahah. Although, I haven't seen it yet either.