Friday, July 11, 2008

The Show Must Go On

Great song by Queen, although I don't know if it has anything to do with my blog. Melanie keeps bugging me, "You never blog anymore." [Marge Simpson voice] so here I go with possibly my worst blog ever since I have nothing interesting to say [sarcasm, everything I say is interesting], but am striving to satisfy the powers that be.

I got my first birdie of my life, yesterday. I was playing with Bret Allen at Cedar Hills. It was a par 4. I crushed my tee shot and was on the green in 2 about 30 feet from the pin. I had a good line, but not enough distance and left it about 6 feet short, but sunk it for par. "But Nate, you said you got a birdie?!!", you may be saying. Well I thought it was a par 4, cause that's what the sign said, but they had recently made it a par 5 as the scorecard indicated. I didn't even know until about 30 seconds after I sunk my putt. Pretty exciting. Please don't ask what my final score was.

Mel quit her job as a personal assistant and is now working as a secretary for a collections agency. She is still looking. She is interested in working for a private school as a receptionist, or once again being a nanny. Cross your fingers.

We spent the 4th of July in Pocatello, Idaho for Jon Lowry's wedding and a night of fireworks with cousin Jeff. That's all I have to say about that.

We have spent a lot of time with Mel's sister's family. They are gracious enough to treat us to dinners and RSL soccer games (also Jeff Dodge ends up with spare tickets and has invited us a few times). We have a lot of fun with them, and of course enjoy every minute of Ella who has recently discovered how funny tantrums are.

We are excited for the upcoming Palmer Reunion. All my sisters will be in town with their spouses. I think this is the most complete a Baker family gathering will be since Christmas 2005 (pre-Melanie, Jake, Pyper, and baby Kate). The whole family will be there, minus precious little Pippy who will most likely spend the week relaxing and kicking her feet.

3 comments:

Sierra said...

Nate!!! It has been forever! I love that you have a blog... It's funny to read things from a guys prospective! It looks like you are doing good!

Nathan said...

Sierra?!! How did you find this? It has been forever.

Sierra said...

I was looking at Steph's blog and she had a link to Lish's blog and he had a link to yours. So there you go. It's fun to see what everyone is doing! I didn't really get to hang out with Melanie before you got married but you two look perfect together!